Professors, Ed-tech pioneers and entrepreneurs who contributed
to the success of multiple market-leading companies
Co-Founder & CEO
Dan has been working in technology companies as an executive and/or board member for over three decades. Several of these companies have scaled from a small founding team to over $100M in revenues and valuations of over $1B.
- Opus Capital - General Partner, led early stage investments in companies including SolarEdge, Inc. (NASDAQ: SEDG)
- Decru - Co-Founder and CEO - Led company from inception to acquisition.
- EFI - Chairman and CEO - Led development of flagship product from its inception. During his CEO tenure company achieved market capitalization of over $3B
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology, summa cum laude.
Co-Founder, CTO & VP of Engineering
Serge is an Emeritus professor at Stanford University. He joined Stanford Computer Science faculty after completing his PhD at MIT and taught there for more than 25 years. Serge co-founded Decru in 2001 with Dan, where he served as chief technology officer and vice president of engineering. Serge has published more than a hundred technical papers and has been issued fourteen patents.
- EduNav - Chief Technology Officer and Chief Scientist
- Opus Capital - Venture Partner
- Decru - CTO & Co Founder (acquired By NetApp Inc.)
- Stanford University - Computer Science professor for over 25 years
- Ph.D., MIT
Co-Founder & Board Member
Daphne is an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University where she served on the faculty at Stanford for 18 years. She is a MacArthur Fellowship recipient and a member of the National Academy of Engineering and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. She was also selected as one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2012. She co-founded Coursera, one of the world’s largest online education platforms and Insitro, a machine learning enabled drug discovery company
- Insitro, Founder and CEO
- Coursera, Co-founder, Co-CEO and President
- Stanford University, Professor of Computer Science
- Author of over 200 refereed publications
Adam has led Partnerships and Business Development at multiple education-related companies forging strong relationships with both universities and industry. Adam is a lifelong learner who is focused on finding mutually beneficial ways to collaborate, ensuring relationships are set up for long term success
- 2U - Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Trilogy Education - Vice President, Business Development, University Partnership
- General Assembly - Senior Director, Business Development and Partnerships
SVP, Global Partner Success and International Partnerships
Giovanni comes from a diverse professional background in Strategy Consulting, Engineering Research, Entrepreneurship, and most recently EdTech. For the last 6.5 years he was at Coursera, one of the world's largest online education platforms, where he led teams and built strong partnerships with the most innovative and prestigious universities in over 30 countries.
- Coursera – Director, University Partnerships.
- Latin American Media (LAM) Network – Founder & CEO, Marketing agency helping Fortune 500 companies capture the Trillion US Hispanic purchasing power
- ZS Associates – Associate Consultant
- UC Berkeley – Controls, Robotics, MEMS Researcher, Instructor, and PhD Candidate
- UC Berkeley – MS Mechanical Engineering + Management of Technology from Haas Business School; B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, UC Berkeley
Co-Founder, VP of Product & Design
Joe has over 20 years of experience in leading product design and strategy in the digital printing and education spaces. His expertise is designing experiences and user interfaces that are powerful yet intuitive and easy to use.
- EduNav - Vice President, Product & Design
- EFI - Head of Product Design & Workflow