Below are some Engageli highlights broken out by user role.
Designed by educators and built from the ground up for teaching and learning, Engageli is designed to be used in educational settings by faculty and learners in all teaching modalities (e.g., synchronous, asynchronous, blended, hyflex, etc.). Active and collaborative learning features such as group work, learner participation, and fluid movement of learners in groups are built into the platform. Additionally, Engageli offers features to accommodate blended classes, with learners online and in the physical classroom. Engageli provides concurrent access for hundreds of learners.
Engageli starts with a classroom concept (supporting class sizes from a few learners up to hundreds), with learners clustered together in smaller groups at tables. The tables have between two and 10 learners each; seating is either assigned by the instructor or learners self-select one to join. Learners can be addressed in a single class and seen as one large group (gallery view), similar to a face-to-face classroom setting.
- Support for multiple instructors, teaching assistants, and production support
- Support for multiple instructors teaching together
- Open or instructor-assigned virtual “table” seating arrangements, up to 10 learners per table
- Observe tables individually (similar to walking around a physical classroom), or join a table to actively interact with or coach
- Address the entire class at one time (such as in a seminar) and/or quickly assign learners to tables to work together based on different criteria. The different tables may be working on the same or different projects
- Divide classrooms into separate sections connected to the main classroom for differentiated instruction, larger group work, and collaboration
- Hold class discussions in Room Mode; facilitate peer-to-peer discussions in Table Mode
- Hand-raising functionality for orderly class discussion
- Seamlessly integrate interactive polls and quizzes into standard lecture materials
- Automate actions including audio settings, table settings, table presets, documents, recording, and timer using Engageli Action Tags
- Play synchronized, high-quality video clips
- Integrated whiteboards for class-wide and table collaboration, as well as Google document sharing without leaving the classroom
- View color-coded and emoji-based real-time engagement analytics – if learners in the class are engaged and understanding the content
- Real-time learner participation metrics
- Anonymous instructor feedback for class optimization
- Note: learner engagement and participation are captured across class sessions
- Hand raising during discussion mode and taking the podium, where they can be seen and ask questions to the faculty or entire class
- Communicate with any member of their table, class, or faculty using chat, anonymously or named
- Ask questions of the class through the threaded Q&A feature
- Note-taking, including screenshots and annotations made on the slides presented. Notes are saved and timestamped to the point of the lesson when the notation was taken. Notes can be downloaded
Audio / video features:
- Mute their tablemates and focus on the instructor if desired
- Private video conversations and text chat amongst tables
- Each lecture is recorded and can be accessed via the persistent virtual classroom or from the LMS (if integrated)
- Learners can opt to turn on their video to be displayed to the faculty, but not displayed to other learners (if desired), for privacy.
- Integration with all popular LMS via LTI 1.3
- Access to all classrooms within the institution’s instance
- State of the art encryption
- Secure, reliable data centers
- Protected learner privacy