the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Protecting and defending user privacy is at the core of our learning platform. This policy will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website and product.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Engageli collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, etc.)
- Our users (educators and learners) course and schedule information from learning management systems
- Class participation information like attendance, questions, and answers, etc.
- Anonymous information about user activity on the platform
How do we collect your data?
Institutions directly provide Engageli with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Participate in any online classes offered through our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Engageli may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Your institution's internal systems that are integrated with our product such as Learning Management Systems (LMS), Student Information Systems (SIS).
How will we use your data?
Engageli collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with access to relevant information and access to classes and learning systems.
- Email you with specific information that is pertaining to you and requiring your attention.
- Provide you and educational institutions with grading and participation-related information.
When Engageli processes your data, it may send to, and also use the resulting information from, your registered educational institution for grading and course-related processing.
How do we store your data?
Engageli’s primary role in relation to GDPR is that of a Data Processor for Data Controllers that reside within the Union or Data Controllers that have data subjects that live in the Union. The Data Controllers provide a GDPR compliant Data Processing Agreement and Standard Contractual Clauses to Engageli for requested services and Engageli acts under the authority of the Data Controller to process data based on their instructions.
What are your data protection rights?
For Article 27 inquiries (data subject information requests) Engageli’s Data Representative in the EU and UK is DataRep. Please address any inquiries to DataRep using the appropriate address on our Data Protection Contacts List (click here for list).
Engageli would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Engageli from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of Engageli.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can do so from your account preferences.
What are your data protection rights?
Engageli would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Engageli for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Engageli correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Engageli to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Engageli erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Engageli restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Engageli processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Engageli transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact DataRep using the appropriate address on our Data Contacts List (click here for list).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in where applicable
- Understanding how you use our website and knowledge base
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Engageli uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our product and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
- Advertising – Engageli does not use any advertising of any nature from any third party.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at:
548 Market St., Suite 26029
San Francisco, CA 94104