Remote work initially expanded in response to the COVID-19 pandemic but has increasingly become the norm for corporations looking to tap into a global talent pool and hire based on skill and experience, instead of location. As companies adjust to new dynamics where both in-person and remote workers collaborate, they need modern, measurable, purpose-built solutions to create community and connections in new employee and partner onboarding programs, as well as a means to drive collaboration and engagement in management and employee training whether in in-person, virtual, or hybrid environments.
“Since we launched in 2020, we’ve successfully supported multimodal learning and teaching at higher education institutions as they seek to transform their educational offerings. The requests for our platform from L&D professionals in corporations around the world showed us there is a strong need to support flexible learning and development in a business setting, especially as corporations are supporting a hybrid and remote workforce,” said Dan Avida, Co-Founder, and CEO. “The same capabilities that streamline teaching for college faculty and facilitate active learning and collaboration among learners will enhance the L&D experience for employees seeking to build job skills and further their careers.”
Based on active learning principles, Engageli’s virtual tables recreate a small-group, in-person learning experience, while promoting collaboration and meaningful discussion, offering significant benefit to learners and facilitators alike without the limitations of existing meeting tools.
Key Features for Corporate Learning & Development
- A unique virtual classroom created for each training or onboarding session. Sessions are recorded with closed captioning for interactive and collaborative asynchronous access via an Engageli Playback Room
- Native interactive polls and quizzes (i.e., single-choice, multiple-choice, text-based) can be integrated into existing training materials to gauge employee comprehension and participation while minimizing the cognitive load on the trainer
- An interactive, built-in whiteboard coupled with seamless integrations with Google Docs, Office 365, and Miro facilitate class-wide and table-based group work and collaboration
- Threaded Q&A, note-taking and chat functionalities enable learners to easily interact with their peers and facilitators during and after the session synchronously and asynchronously
- Persistent tracking of employee attendance, engagement, and participation within and across sessions with detailed analytics available to trainers and facilitators in a dashboard or through an API for integration into existing systems
- Secure platform with support for single sign-on (SSO), social logins, secure provisioning of users through SAML 2.0, one-time passwords (OTP), and OAuth 2.0 to eliminate the need for multiple login credentials
A 2022 Statista report estimates the global workplace L&D market to be $357.7B USD, with $165.3B in North America alone, and the average worldwide annual spend per employee on L&D to be $1,308 USD.
“Forward-looking corporations are increasingly turning to technology to support effective onboarding, and training of their employees, partners, and customers,” added Avida. “There is tremendous demand for effective solutions that reduce friction and provide flexibility and accessibility, and we are confident in Engageli’s ability to immediately deliver value for any company looking for a superior solution to build skills and increase satisfaction.”
For a full list of features for L&D visit: https://www.engageli.com/solutions/corporate
Engageli is advancing education globally by providing a comprehensive learning environment for teaching and learning. Its premier cloud-based, multimodal digital platform creates flexible, inclusive, secure environments optimized for learner connections and active learning. Recognized for these innovations, Engageli was named to the 2021 HolonIQ EdTech 200 list, highlighting the most promising education technology companies in North America, awarded Best Higher Ed Solution in EdTech Digest's EdTech Awards 2022 ahead of 19 other finalists, and earned honorable mention in the 2021 Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas Award program, which honors companies and initiatives that inspire better and more equitable learning. Founded in 2020 by Dan Avida, Dr. Serge Plotkin, and Dr. Daphne Koller, Co-Founder of Coursera and Insitro, Engageli has raised over $47 million in funding. To learn more, please visit www.engageli.com.
Alex Varney, Stanton